Dingo Baby Massage Tips from Dingo Baby
1. Start massage with baby’s feet since massaging the feet is very relaxing. Use firm yet gentle and slow strokes.
2. Gradually move up baby’s calf to the thigh and then across the hips and back.
3a. Put both hands on baby’s shoulders and gently stroke from the shoulders towards the middle of the chest.
3b. You could also start at baby’s shoulders and massage down the arms, gently massaging palms of hands and individual fingers.
4. Tummy massage strokes should go in circles, clockwise as you look at the baby’s tummy (only massage tummy if it is soft and baby is not unsettled or fidgety).
TIP: When massaging the tummy think of it as a clock and start the massage at 5:00 and gently move clockwise down to 6:00 and then up to 12:00 and back down to 5:00
5. Use small circular motions across the forehead and lightly on the cheeks. When massaging the face gently use your finger tips.
6. End the massage by massaging baby’s feet. If baby is relaxed and enjoying the touch, turn baby onto their tummy and keep massaging!
- Studies have shown babies greatly benefit from the gentle touch of massage
- Choose a time when you will not be interrupted, and at least 30 minutes after baby has eaten
- Make sure baby is in a relaxed, happy mood since it is not a good idea to massage baby if upset
What you will need:
· Massage oil
· A warm room, take care to avoid any drafts
· Soothing music is nice but not a necessity
· Towel to put under baby so oil doesn’t transfer to furniture
· Make sure to remove any jewelry that may scratch baby’s skin
Enjoy this wonderful bonding time with your baby!
visit us online: www.dancingdingo.com
Dingo Baby Massage Tips by Dancing Dingo